SDC Georgia Local Economic Development project design
Neil McCulloch, supported by Gareth Williams and Samantha Wade, facilitated online workshops for the Swss Development Cooperation (SDC) Georgia office to finalise the preparation of a new project on Local Economic Development run by Helvetas/WINS Global.
The workshops explored key elements of the project design:
- formulating the problem statement and causal analysis of the problem;
- understanding the motivations of the key stakeholders in the local economic development sector;
- mapping out credible pathways of change through which Georgian stakeholders themselves might improve the environment for economic development in Georgia’s regions;
- exploring how the project can best embed political economy thinking into its processes and procedures to ensure that it remains responsive to its evolving context and embeds a culture of learning and adaptation in its operations;
- finalising the project document and logframe.