2 years 10 months
UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
Learning, Evidence and Advocacy Partnership - Second Phase - Nigeria Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn
Gareth Williams was the Research Workstream Lead and Laure-Hélène Piron the Technical Director (Research) of the second phase of the Learning, Evidence and Advocacy Partnership (LEAP) pillar of the Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Nigeria's £133 million programme to support public sector reform in Nigeria.
LEAP delivered the following public reports co-authored by Laure-Hélène and/or Gareth:
- Flagship research report on 20 years of UK government assistance to Nigeria
- summary report with the main findings on 20 years of UK government assistance to Nigeria
- case study report (Jigawa, Kaduna,Kano and Yobe) which informed the Flagship
- study on budget reform in Yobe State
- study on education reform in Kaduna State
- study on the collaboration between governance and education/health programmes in Nigeria
Laure-Hélène and Gareth co-authored a number of blogs based on the research:
- understanding the politics of reform for successful programmes
- lessons for public financial management
LEAP concluded with three ODI webinars in October 2021.